Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bike Wash Anyone?

Kate persistently asked if she could have a "Bike Wash Sale" as she called it. She is such a doll that I couldn't resist helping her. If you know me you know that I am a sucker for a young entrepreneur and stop at nearly every lemonade stand. So after dinner she set it up with just a little help from me. She pretty much just told me what she needed, "Where's that little table, Mom, I need that table. Now I need the cash register." She patiently waited for customers and would exclaim, "Mom, here comes someone!" every time a child on a bike came remotely near our house. I gave her $.50 to wash the Jeep and when she was about the leave with Nana Sandy for a sleep over a girl came by asking if she could wash about 4 of her family's bikes. By then, Dylan and Justin had arrived and wanted in on the gig, especially now that there was a paying customer. They made $1.75 in all. Another summer memory in the books.

Dylan decided to scrub his skateboard while he was at it.

Even Madi got in on the action.
I don't know what she was holding but it was comical the way she'd put her sunglasses on her head (upside down, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment