I was reading on a friend's blog about the 10 reasons she loves summer and it just so happened to be one of the first days back from our trip. I wanted desperately to send the kids to school so I could get a nap and get the luggage unpacked and the laundry done without refereeing the dramas and squabbles that seem to never end between the three kids. I awoke to find two kids in my bed, one child's bed wet and my bed was wet too. So when I read my friend's cheerful blog about how she loved having her kids home in the summer I was not feeling so bubbly about it. That was yesterday and I pledged to myself that I would create a more fun summer day today for my kids. It wasn't exactly a juice-box commercial full of happy mom moments but it was an improvement from the day before. Here are some pictures of the kids playing in the sand (& water) box after we'd played in the sprinkler and made a waterslide on the swing set. With only a month left of summer I hope to create more memories tomorrow. For now I've got 4 more suitcases to unpack and six loads of laundry to fold and put away... ;-)
Madi tried eating sand, she didn't seem to mind it much actually. Hmmm...
Kate and Brinlee got out of their swimsuits and Kate picked out her own clothes to look like Brinlee's outfit...interesting sense of style she has...
No comments:
Post a Comment